W'sup?

Hey everyone! I found this to be the perfect way for those of you who know me to see how I doin and what I'm up to and fior those of you who don't know me very well to get to know me a little better. I have a very corny side to me which you will probably see in these posts. Enjoy!

My Photo
Name:

I live in Knoxville,TN with my family of 6. I have two sisters and one brother. I have just finished my first year at PCC. This fall I will be adding a Music major with a violin proficiency to my Church Music major with a piano proficiency. Music is my main interest and it's one of my most enjoyable activities. I play piano,violin,and I have been taking cello in strings class.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Well, another semester is finished! This semester has been an interesting one I must say! If you had asked me at different points in the semester how it was going I would have said it was my worst one, but hindsight is 20/20. Sure this semester had it's challanges but overall it was really beneficial. I learned a lot about myself, my friends and God.

This was my first semester as a piano/violin double major and wow!!!!!!! did it pack a punch! I had expected it to be busy, but the the harsh reality sunk in that it was histarical! So many times this semester I just wanted to quit on one of them and I had "good" reasons for dropping either one, but I believe this is what God wants me to do and I need to put my all into it. However, I will need prayer with this decision. I'm going to have to put a lot more time into this to get it accomplished at the sacrifice of other areas of my life. It will take dedication I've never shown, and faith I've never had. I'm going to have to decide that it's practice first and everything else is secondary. All my friends at school who are reading this, I'm asking for your help. Everyone else who may not see me everyday I'm asking you to pray. I have a platform and an evaluation this semester, both of which are pass/fail and decided whether or not I can continue either of my majors. I know that God will help me to do well, but I need the faith and dedication to do my part in passing!

The next major event in my life will be a three week ensemble tour in North and South Carolina. I am looking forward to and dreading this trip at the same time. I'm dreading it because I really don't want to cut my vacation early, especially since I won't be home again 'til August, but I am looking forward to it because God has something for me that I don't know about and that's pretty exciting!!! I really am excited about the people I'm traveling with! They are all great people and I'm excited to get to know them better. Please pray that the Lord will protect us on the road, and also that He will bless our ministry so we can influence many people's lives and be a witness for Him!

Family and friends! Could God have blessed us with to better gifts? God gave me the great blessing of seeing my family two weekends of this past semester. My parents, Emily, and Matthew came for my symphony concert in October. Although the visit was short we had great time! My other sister and best friend Sharon came to visit me for her fall break from Crown college which was two weekends after my family had come. Her visit was longer and I loved every minute of it! For all my friends as school, Thank you sooooo much for being so kind to my family! They loved you all and ask about you often! God has blessed me with the best family ever, and it is an even bigger blessing that they are able to visit during the semester! I also want to thank the Lord for my friends this semester! God has given me some of the greatest people I've met to help me get throught tough times. I wouldn't be a double major anymore or possibly even be going back to school next semester if it weren't for their encouragement.

Number one lessong from this semester! We are capable of nothing w/o God, but there is nothing we aren't capable of with God!

3 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

I'll be praying for you Victor!! I know the Lord is going to see you through this semester just as He has your others!! Pray for me as I start my new school too!! Keep in touch and have a great semester :)
-Frog lol

9:26 PM  
Blogger AmberTheBlog.com said...

If you are following God's will, there is nothing you cannot do! Keep a strong chin up and plow through the practice times; He will get you through it!

I will be praying for you.

1:16 PM  
Blogger AmberTheBlog.com said...

See? lol. I knew you could make it through! God is so good and this semester was so blessed; I know you must feel the same way. I know you won't get this until you get home in August, but just thought I'd let you know I will be praying for you as you travel. Dearly wish I could be, too, but God knows what is best!

I know that you have been such a leader within our group of friends that God will surely use you as a leader in your group as well. You can do it! Keep strong and don't faint in well doing. God is with you and so are my prayers. See you August 1st!

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home